Skip to main content

Steven Moffat interview on AOL

Steven Moffat interview on AOL: AOL did a fantastic and insightful interview with The Moff, which can be read here. In the interview, Moffat reveals some of the histories of his decisions...

I'm interested in the conception of the River Song story. In 'Silence in the Library,' did you already know she was going to be the daughter of a companion?

Oh no, no. I mean, it was one possible theory. Why is it somebody who's got such connections, who would that be? Is it just a future companion? What if it's somebody's got a lifelong commitment to the Doctor or his companion? So when I introduced Amy, I kept my options open [and used the name Pond]. I thought I was doing [the name thing] in plain sight and nobody [caught] it for a long while. But I didn't know at the time Karen was going to stay long enough for that story to come off. I didn't know if Alex would keep coming back.

Thanks to Combom & Planet Gallifrey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peterculter

Moffat’s Dark Nights

Moffat’s Dark Nights : We’ve been browsing the brand new Doctor Who: The Brilliant Book 2012 and read with interest some words from Steven “The Grand Moff” Moffat. While avoiding releasing anything too revealing – after all, this book will be a Christmas present for thousands – Moffat confirms that Rory and Amy won’t be in this year’s Christmas Special but they will return next season! However Moffat isn’t as forthcoming about a return for River Song: “That’s dependent on Alex Kingston.” Moffat also offered up a personal explanation as to why the show, in all likelihood, won’t return to our screens until the Autumn of 2012: “The truth behind the delay next year is: why are we killing ourselves and risking compromising the show, in order to go out in the middle of summer? I’m sick of it. I’m sick of standing in the blazing sunshine, with a barbecue fork in my hand, knowing that Doctor Who is coming on any minute.” He also goes on to apparently confirm the switch...