Skip to main content

David Yates Can Sod Off!



The last two series have been my favourite series of Doctor Who since early Tom Baker. The Moffat era I feel has been wonderful, the show is going from strength to strength in my eyes, but even if I hadn't enjoyed it as much as I do I still wouldn't want this bastardisation of a movie version that's proposed by Harry Potter director David Yates and BBC Worldwide's Jane Tranter to go ahead.


David Yates wants to throw out almost fifty years of established continuity to 'start from scratch', so he can essentially make a non-canon version that will have nothing to do with legitimate Doctor Who.

Even the non-canon Big Finish audios and the novels have tried to follow the continuity of the TV show.


If the man who walks out of the Tardis in any proposed David Yates "Doctor Who" movie calls himself the Doctor but isn't the same character who has been through eleven incarnations from William Hartnell to Matt Smith, then he isn't the Doctor at all, but a cheap Hollywood knock off!

If Hollywood wants a time travel story with a phone box how about they contact Keanu and see if he wants to do another bill & Ted movie! 

I think I'll pass on David Yates' piss take.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quote of the Week IV.

Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth--even more than ruin--even more than death.....Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into to pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man ~ Bertrand Russell

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil DeGrasse Tyson)

Badass Man of Steel & Sexy Selina

Now I love my movies, and I especially enjoy superhero movies, so it’s been a great couple of days with  Warner Bros. releasing promotional shots from two of my most anticipated movies of the next couple of years, Superman: Man of Steel and The Dark Knight Rises. The first picture is of Henry Cavill as Superman from Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel. I love Superman because I like the messianic aspects of the character, but I do find him somewhat lacking in the badass department. Kal-El of Krypton may be virtually indestructible but sadly he has always been something of a wimp; too much of a nice guy. So imagine my surprise when the studio releases a photo of our new Supes, not only looking ultra cool in his new threads, but looking like he wants to kick your ass. He’s going to kick your ass and he’s going to enjoy it! Two things I really like about the new suit; I may be wrong as it’s hard to see in this picture, but it looks like they have finally got rid of the super pants, always hate