Skip to main content

Star Wars Blu-Ray Changes



Now anyone who know me knows that I'm a life long Star Wars fan, and needless to say I will be buying the nine disc Blu-Ray box set when it's released on 16th September, so I just want to address one aspect of fandom that is really pissing me off......the fans.

Now I don't mean the everyday fans who genuinely love the movies, or the casual fans who enjoy the movies, I mean the ones who claim to be fans but piss and moan every time a new release comes out, or if George Lucas decides to alter anything, then claim that George has 'raped their childhood'.

Here is some news for you......NOBODY is forcing you to buy the damned Blu-Rays, NOBODY is forcing you to watch the accursed movies. George Lucas is the creator of Star Wars and he is perfectly entitled to make as many changes as he sees fit, and let's be honest most people who watch the discs won't notice the difference anyway. If you don't like it don't watch.

The Blu-Ray release will be the official canon versions of the saga, but if you prefer, you can still watch the original non-canon versions on DVD, so you really have no need to complain.

To quote a certain actor who played a certain captain in another sci-fi franchise......'get a life!'


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peterculter

Moffat’s Dark Nights

Moffat’s Dark Nights : We’ve been browsing the brand new Doctor Who: The Brilliant Book 2012 and read with interest some words from Steven “The Grand Moff” Moffat. While avoiding releasing anything too revealing – after all, this book will be a Christmas present for thousands – Moffat confirms that Rory and Amy won’t be in this year’s Christmas Special but they will return next season! However Moffat isn’t as forthcoming about a return for River Song: “That’s dependent on Alex Kingston.” Moffat also offered up a personal explanation as to why the show, in all likelihood, won’t return to our screens until the Autumn of 2012: “The truth behind the delay next year is: why are we killing ourselves and risking compromising the show, in order to go out in the middle of summer? I’m sick of it. I’m sick of standing in the blazing sunshine, with a barbecue fork in my hand, knowing that Doctor Who is coming on any minute.” He also goes on to apparently confirm the switch...